DIY Truck Liner
- 1). Remove the tailgate and any rubber plugs within the bed. Remove the cargo tie points with a socket wrench.
- 2). Apply painter's tape to any edges of the truck bed.
- 3). Scuff the bed thoroughly using sandpaper to remove the shine from the paint.
- 4). Vacuum up any paint powder. Wear protective gloves and clean the truck bed with acetone in a well-ventilated area.
- 5). Brush on the liquid liner, which is composed of rubber granules, as per manufacturer's specifications. Start at the front of the truck, working on the sides of the bed first, then the bed itself, and the tailgate. Paint into every nook and cranny of the bed. Allow to dry for at least one hour.
- 6). Apply a second coat of the liner liquid and allow to dry.
- 7). Finish with a liberal amount of a third coat. Allow to dry completely.
- 8). Reattach the tailgate and the cargo clips.